I am a busy mom with a busy household, we are always on the go! So any recipe that is easy, quick, delicious and kid approved, I am all for it! This is the perfect, simple recipe that tastes like a slice of warm banana great, and get this..it’s wheat free!
Recipe is Courtesy of lovegrowswild
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray 8″ square baking dish or pie plate with non stick spray.
Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. In another large bowl, whisk together milk, banana, egg, vanilla. Slowly pour the melted butter, whisking constantly. Optional – I added about 3tbsp each of flax and hemp hearts.
- Add the oat mixture to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer to the greased dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Optional: Put chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and toast oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the toasted walnuts on top of the oatmeal and cool slightly before serve.